Friday, May 7, 2010

Have S'more...

Shortly after I started working at Langlas, I decided to make birthday treats for all those in the office. 
Eleven years later.....

After getting home late from a class, I remembered
I needed treats for the next day.
I decided to try a new recipe for S'mores.
They are really tasty but not that pretty
so I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut them out.


They looked lots better after cutting them out
& placing them on a pedastal plate.


Here's the recipe:
S'MORES
10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
1 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
5 tbs. butter or margarine
1/4 c. light Karo
1 tsp vanilla
13 oz. box Golden Grahms cereal.

Take 1 cup marshmallows & 1/2 c. chocolate chips & set aside. 
Melt the rest of the marshmallows and choc. chips 
along with the butter, & Karo, stirring until completely melted. 
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Pour over cereal, add remainder of marshmallows and choc. chips 
& stir until completely coated. 
Pat into a 9 x 13 pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Set aside until firm then cut into bars or shapes.
enJOY!

1 comment: