Monday, December 28, 2009

I can't believe it has been a month...

...since my last post!

December is such a busy month with dinners, banquets, company, etc. 

Our choir at church starts in October preparing for the Christmas Cantata on December 20th.  Sharing the news of Jesus' birth and the reason He came in song is such a blessing.  Sometimes, music can touch our hearts in ways that words can't.

One of my extra activities was making an ornament for an exchange for the Yellowstone Calligraphers' Guild I belong to.  The ornament exchange has to have calligraphy or a type of paper craft used in the making.
I used my Stampin' Up! snowflake punch and circle punches for this ornament.  JOY is one of my favorite words...besides being a nice short word to spell out in calligraphy  :-)  After attaching each snowflake and circle to gold cord, I tied beads onto the ends of the cord.  I was happy with the way it turned out but couldn't get a very good picture.




I also made 30 Christmas cards.  The week before Christmas about 8:30 at night, I finally had enough inspiration & creativity to design and make my cards. *If it weren't for the last minute, how many things would go undone?!*



Even though I got 30 cards made by a little after midnight, I could have used 30 more.



I used Old Olive and Real Red to make my cards.  The tree stamp is from the set "Lovely as a Tree" pg. 110.  This is a great set for almost any occasion. (Besides Christmas, it works well for masculine, birthday or sympathy cards.)  The oval and scallop oval punches just fit the Christmas greeting.  The Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impression folder added so much dimension to my cards in such a short time.



Some year, I really would like to start my cards in July!!!


I love the service Stampin' Up! gives!  Yesterday, I ordered for a previous hostess/friend and it already shipped TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment