Saturday, November 28, 2009

Special order card...


This is a special order card I made for a co-worker/friend.  The only requirement was "birthday" so colors and images were left up to me.  I've used this layout several times and really like it.  Since the recipients don't know each other, I figure if a certain layout is working...use it!


The recipient of this card likes a lot of black, white & zebra print.  I stamped & embossed the butterfly in black...making a zebra-like butterfly..or a zebrafly..no, a butter-bra...ok....a black & white butterfly!


After cutting the Big Shot Top Note in white, I ran it through again with a texturing folder.  The leaves are cut out using the Little Leaves from SU!  The leaves and green layering are SU! Always Artichoke.  A couple of 1/2 "pearls" were added to the center of embossed flowers and the finished card was spritzed with a little shimmer paints.


...in a different color...
I made this birthday card for my sister.
Butterfly of Happiness is the stamp set I used for this one.
I stamped the butterfly with versa Mark & colored with Stampin' Pastels.






I'm sure I'll use this layout again & again. 
Try it.  Use any butterfly stamp you have.  Stamp & cut out two and layer with Stampin' Dimesionals.  If you prefer, stamp & cut out flowers to use instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment