Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I started something I can't quit....(besides stamping & beading)....

Shortly after I started my job, I thought it would be great
to make birthday treats for those in the office. 
The office has about doubled in size since then
but I can't NOT make the treats!  
There's a couple of months that we have multiple birthdays
just a few days apart & with my schedule,
I'm always happy to find a quick but delicious treat! 

These are the ones I made for the last birthday.


Fabulous Quick Bars

1 cake mix (yellow, white, butter pecan)
1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1 egg
1/2 c peanut butter
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 c. combination of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped nuts, opt.

Mix cake mix, butter, egg & peanut butter with a spoon.  Press dough into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Pour sweetened condensed mile over dough.  Sprinkle with chips & nuts.  Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes until the edges are light golden brown.  Cool, cut into bars, arrange on pretty plate & enJOY!

I try to keep yellow, chocolate, butter pecan cake mixes, sweetened condensed milk & a variety of chips on hand for quick delicious treats.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo. I was planning to look up a boxed cake variation to make a thank you treat for someone. I think I may have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete