Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby Blanket...

I did something this week I haven't done in a very long time....
Iwalked through the rows & rows of fabric at JoAnn Fabric.
Wow! I could almost want to sew again. I lost my "want-to-sew" several years ago after making all of my clothes, most of the kids clothes and
even a couple of Rick's suits.
Also, sewing doesn't save $'s like it used to.


My co-worker's daughter is having a baby any day now
and I wanted to make a baby blanket for her.

This fleece was at JoAnn Fabric.
It is so very soft! Who wouldn't want to cuddle in?!


The pattern is the no sew blanket. All you have to do is lay two coordinating pieces WRONG sides together (edges even), cut a 4 inch square out of each corner, cut 4" long strips one inch apart on all 4 sides, then tie the front and back strips together.


I loved the colors right away! So cheery

I made the blanket square and it is almost as long as I am tall. (ooohh!)
This size will last for quite awhile and work well to help cover mommy's lap, too,
or to lay on the grass for a nice summer picnic!

This is the coordinating side.

Ahhhh! Sweet :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the blanket...as you say it will be really soft and they will enjoy it for years to come. I received one on furlough this time by a church in IL...you would love it!! It has music notes all over it! Weighed quite a bit to put in a suitcase but worked well to wrap a scanner in to bring back too! I know it will keep me warm on winter nights in my chair!

    ReplyDelete