Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Sympathy card needed...

I've been wanting to try a yellow and gray card and thought this would be a nice soft color combination for a sympathy card for a friend.
I used the SU! Top Note die for the gray layer then ran it through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embosser. The flowers are stamped in Going Gray and colored with Stampin' Pastels (pg 152). To soften the edges of the white layer, I colored the edges softly with the pastels and stamped dots from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. (pg 119) The flowers and leaf are also layered with the same images cut out & applied with Stampin' Dimensionals. "With Sympathy" is stamped in Going Gray to give a soft look. I used the Horizontal punch to lace the ribbon through & tied with gray ribbon, SU ribbon from sale-a-bration and silver cord with beads tied at the end.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed visiting your blog today. Thanks for the link. I'd be happy to spotlight you on my blog. I love card as well. You do great work.
    Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete